Each year the QuarryNZ Conference holds an Awards night to celebrate success across the industry. Below is a list of the Awards available and details on how to enter and close off dates. Visit the IOQ and AQA websites for more information about each award.
The Institute of Quarrying NZ Awards are a conference highlight and amongst others, cover categories including:
- Winstone Aggregates Safety Award – awarded to a quarry operation that best meets a wide range of H & S Criteria
- Lyn Jordan Memorial Trophy – for best technical paper
- R D Hassed Memorial Trophy – for the Institute member who has made the most outstanding contribution to the Branch during the current year
- Terra Cat Travel Award – for the operator that has consistently shown the most dedication and commitment to the quarrying industry
- B R Webster Family Educational Scholarship – towards tertiary or practical learning studies
- Institute of Quarrying NZ Award – recognises both a long-servicing member who is held in high regard due to outstanding service to the Institute and/or a retiring President at the end of his tenure on the Executive Council
- WorkSafe Chief Inspectors Safety Leadership Award – presented to a Company that has demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and safety leadership in the area of workplace health and safety, in both the extractives and extractives support sectors
- The Turnco Niemac JCI Astec Achievement Award – recognises personal achievement by an IOQ member working as a quarry plant operator or engineer. The intent is to reward a person directly responsible for plant operation, or in plant maintenance, or in problem-solving in the industry. This award offers the opportunity to reward an achiever who may not necessarily be conspicuous within the industry.
NZ Quarrying and Mining Awards
These awards from Q+M magazine recognise upcoming leaders in the quarrying sector. Several people have won an award in one year, which recognises “future leaders”. They are each provided with a certificate and $1000 each. If you have someone showing talent in your quarry, email a brief CV and outline of the person’s achievements and qualities to Q+M Editor Alan Titchall – email@example.com by Wednesday 31 May 2024
MIMICO Environment & Community Award
The industry sponsored MIMICO Environmental Award annually recognises excellence within the aggregate industry for outstanding examples of pollution management, rehabilitation, beautification or other environmental work.
All finalists will receive publicity including written material, promotion at the QuarryNZ 2024 Conference in Christchurch, as well as feature on the AQA website. Full details can be found in the MIMICO Environment & Community Award brochure on the AQA website. All entries and supporting information must be received by Wednesday 31 May 2024